Time : 3 hours
Maximum Weightage : 70%
Note : (i) All the four questions are compulsory.
(ii) All the questions carry equal weightage.
1. Answer the following questions in about 600 words.
Define ‘education’ and explain aims of education with suitable examples.
Explain essential aspects of ‘Naturalism’ and discuss its importance in transaction of curriculum.
2. Answer the following questions in about 600 words.
Comment on the statement “School is a Miniature Society” in context to its role, functions and importance of school for social development of learners.
Discuss main areas of aspiration of Indian society from educational system.
3. Write short notes/answers on any four of the following question in about 150 words each.
(a) Influence of Media on teaching-learning process.
(b) Minority Schools-need and functions.
(c) Social Stratification-Nature and criteria
(d) Education Commission (1964-68) important recommendations.
(e) Semester system – Concept and advantages
(f) Minimum levels of learning.
4. Answer the following questions in about 600 words.
What is meant by “Wastage and Stagnation in education” ? You might have discussed the reasons for wastage and stagnation with community and teachers. Prepare a report of their views and also suggest measures to reduce wastage and stagnation in education.
Incoming search terms:
- ES-334 Question paper 2011
- ignou Bed question paper 2011ES334