1. Answer the following question in about 600 words.
How do factors like intelligence, aptitude and personality influence the acquisition of second language (English)) of a learner.
Discuss, the salient features of the communicative language teaching approach. How is it different from the structural method.
June, 2012 Term End Examination
2. Answer the following question in about 600 words :
Discuss the features of the following activities for testing speaking skills. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of these test items :
(a) Limited response items;
(b) Information transfer exercises
(c) Information gap activities.
Why should teachers set a number of writing tasks for purposes of assessment ? Discuss the different types of tasks and their objectives.
3. Answer any four of the following questions in about 150 words :
(a) Why does a teacher of English have to be aware of the learner’s expectations ?
(b) Discuss the different ways in which a teacher can attract and sustain students attention and interest in learning of English in the class.
(c) What are the different speaking activities that can be used in the class ? Outline the role of the teacher in each activity.
(d) Why is it useful to maintain a record (tape) of students spoken performance ?
(e) What is the difference between Grammar Games (GGs) and Grammar Practice Activities (GPAs)? Illustrate with the help of an example.
(f) Write at least 5 objectives that a teacher should expect her student to achieve at the end of a reading programme.
4. Answer the following question in about 600 words.
Discuss the importance of Introduction of Text -for developing reading skills. Set up a few ‘Pre -reading activities to arouse the interest of the students before they read the text.
Incoming search terms:
- es-344 teaching of english solved assignment 2013
- ignou bed solved assignment 2013 es 344
- es 344 solved assignment 2013
- ignou b ed solved assignments 2013 es-344
- ignou bed solved assignments 2013 es-344
- es-344 teaching of english
- ignou bed assignment es 344
- ignou bed es 344 solved assignment 2013
- ignou b ed es-344 solved assignment 2013
- es 344 teaching of english solved assignments 2013