1. (a) Explain the characteristics of Baseband and Broadband coaxial cables.
(b) What is the purpose of a DNS , when we can directly use an IP address ? If a DNS domain name is AAA.BBB.Com , how many labels are involved here ? What is the lowest level domain and what is the highest level domain in the above mentioned domain name ?
(c) Explain the process of connection establishment and multiplexing in the transport layer protocol.
(d) Explain the functioning of 7 layers of OSI model. Write any three stengths of OSI model.
(e) Explain the classes of service defined for ATM. Give an example for each service class.
2. (a) Explain different categories of network. That is LAN, WAN and MAN. Also, explain a protocol associated with each of the LAN, WAN and MAN.
(b) Explain the function of a modem. What are the modulation techniques used in modems ?
3. (a) Explain the function of transparent bridges.Also, write any three advantages and ‘two disadvantages of transparent bridges.
(b) Why does congestion occur in data networks ?
Bachelor in Computer Applications
4. (a) Define data rate and signal rate. An analog signal carries 4 bits per signal. If 1000 signal elements are sent per second, then what will be the bit rate.
(b) What are the two sliding windows protocols ? How do they work ? Explain.
5. (a) Define Virtual circuit and datagram. Also, differentiate between virtual circuit subnet and datagram subnet.
(b) What are the two popular approaches to packet switching ? Explain any one of them.
Incoming search terms:
- computer network question paper
- cs 68 question paper
- question paper of computer network